giovedì 8 novembre 2018

MY INTERVIEW FOR WHEELS&HEELS


Anna Mangione interviewed me about my blog for her project "Wheels&Heels" dedicated to women and girls who do something for motorsport. Here you have the English version of this interview... Enjoy!



Hello Vittoria, if we're talking about motorsport in which is Vittoria Silvestrini committed.

Hello. I manage a little amateur blog dedicated to Louis Delétraz, young Swiss racing driver, son of Jean-Denis, who raced in F1 with Larrousse and Pacific in 1994 and in 1995. On that blog first and foremost I write articles about his sporting commitments, but also about various activities who see him as a main charachter, such as commercials, charity events, TV appearances, trivia about him, fanfictions...



Tell us how your passion was born and when you developed the idea that you wanted to commit yourself in this world?

I've been into motorsport since my earliest childhood. My parents and maternal grandparents used to always follow the races and it was easy for me to get closer to races. I remember that my dad recorded on VHS the 2000 Malaysian Grand Prix and after dinner I always wanted to watch it, I remember exactly that I watched it more and more eating Danette on my old sofa. And talking about toys, I was addicted to model cars. Then from elementary school on I started to get into other cathegories and disciplines too, such as rallies or endurance and, from middle school on, lower formulæ too. Since 2012 I've been attending races at the Autodromo Nazionale Monza, where I could meet many drivers and characters related to the motorsport world.



You are a girl who's fan of Louis Delétraz, tell us about how your blog was born and how you go on with this great support?

Before 2014 I didn't know who Louis was. Then in that year I went to Monza to see a race of him and I heard his name, but I don't know why I forgot about him as soon as possible. In 2017 he made his debut in Formula 2 with Racing Engineering, it all started from there... when he turned 20 I send my birthday wishes via e-mail and he replied me via Instagram direct. I've been in contact with him since then. Late in 2017 I started to plan about the blog, which became operative in January 2018. As I wrote before, I don't talk only about Louis as an athlete, but also of his more human side. In my articles I adopt a rather light and ironic tone, which is well appreciated by my readers!



What would you recommend to who, like you, wants to open a blog? Have you ever thought about making it a job for your future?

In my opinion a good fanblog mustn't limit itself to give aseptic informations which you can find on any "serious" site, but it must have a "personal" touch, the author's soul and his passion for the topic or the character about which the blog is must shine through. To tell the truth I'm not sure if I want to make it a job... I'm a Communication Sciences student, after I will have obtained my bachelor's degree I'll can think about it!



Delétraz is a young motorsport star, now in Formula 2, how do you want to evolve the blog to make his following grow up?

I try to advertise my blog as much as possible, both with social networks and with the good old word of mouth: for example, when I go to the Autodromo Nazionale Monza, I always talk about it with the characters I meet. Louis really deserves to be more known, he is a driver with a great talent and above all a magnificent person. I'd like so much to see him in F1, maybe with Sauber, not only because he's Swiss, but also and above all because I've been a Sauber supporter since 2002!



Vittoria between yesterday and today... an already-conquered victory and a dream for the future

I believe that my name is really appropriated for this situation... unfortunately in my early teenage I had so many problems due to my passion, some of my classmates thought it was not a feminine thing... later I had refuses from boys too. But now I jumped behind all this and I follow my heart without caring about other people's judgements.



What do you think about the current role of women in motorsport?

Until ten years ago you didn't see so much of them, but now I notice with pleasure that their number is increasing. In my opinion it's good that there is a place for them too, but often, and I'm sorry to say that, they talk about them only to underline the fact they're women, maybe underling they're good looking too.



Finally write a quote which represents yourself

"Be yourself, no matter what they say"

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento