lunedì 23 luglio 2018

MY FIRST LITTLE BIG LOVE - #1: IT HAPPENED AT THE PRESS CONFERENCE

This is not a story about Louis. But it's motorsport-themed, so I decided to post it. The male main character is Roy Nissany, one of Louis' closest friends.

"Janet! It's late, we will lose the plane!" "Yes mum, I'm coming!"
This was the conversation I had with my mum early in the morning of February 1st 2005. We were about to leave for Tel Aviv, where the following day we would have attended the press conference announcing Chanoch Nissany as Minardi's reserve driver.
When we arrived in the "Mediterranean Miami", as many people nickname it, I felt really happy. For me it was love at first sight. The beaches, the Bauhaus architectures, the alleys of the old town... I couldn't imagine that the following day I would have experienced another kind of love. A different kind of love.
The alarm rang early in the morning. We woke up. After breakfast we arrived at the Hilton Hotel in which the press conference was scheduled. We sat down just in front of Chanoch. He was such a nice man. I liked him, because although he wasn't a professional racing driver, he seemed to be a good person. 
At the end of the press conference, we shaked our hands. "My name is Theresa and I come from England. She is Janet, my daughter" "Nice to meet you both! How old are you, Janet?" "I'm 8!" "Well, I have a son named Roy, he's a bit older than you, as he turned 10 last November"
And finally it happened. I noticed a blonde woman with a dark-haired and dark-skinned young boy by her side. She surely wasn't Israeli. Chanoch explained us: "She is my French wife, Michelle. And he is Roy, our boy" 
There was something charming about Roy. He greeted me kissing my hand, as a real gentleman. Just like in a beautiful dream, I was astonished by his black hair, his olive skin and his dark eyes. "Oh my God! He's so handsome!" was my only thought in that moment.
My mum surely had noticed this, I heard her whispering in my ear: "Is everything okay, darling?" "Yes, it is" I lied. I couldn't help it. A Cupid's Arrow had struck my heart. 
"This evening there will be a dancing night. Will you attend it?" Chanoch announced. "I'm sorry, but I'm alone... I will sit down watching other people dancing" was mum's answer. 
At the beginning I was sitting next to her, too. But suddenly Roy came there and proposed me in a perfect French: "Voulez-vous danser, Mademoiselle Janet?" "Oui, garçon" My mum agreed, so Roy began to spin me around the hall on the notes of Astor Piazzolla's "Libertango". He was very good at dancing, I was proud of having him as my knight for that night.
When I fell asleep, I had a dream about Roy and me walking in a Japanese-styled botanic garden.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento