martedì 26 giugno 2018

RACING TO THE FUTURE - #3: A BETRAYING INTERVIEW

The following afternoon Giulia and Erjona sat down at the table on the porch. The young driver was about to release her first interview in English land. And also for Giulia it would have been the first interview since she was working for Autosport.
"What are your goals for this season, Erjona?" "First and foremost I want to put my whole committment to obtain good results, I don't build castles in the sky saying that my target is the title. I try to be down-earthed, then I will see!" "And what do you think about being in Team Carlin?" "Trevor Carlin is a good man, my sisters some times ago tested for his team and talked me about him" "And what about your tutor driver, Lando Norris?" That was done. It was just the last question Erjona wanted to hear. She blushed and put down her head. "I exchanged only a few words with him... but... he seems... ehm... a nice guy" It was clear, that was a taboo topic.
After Giulia wrote down the interview, Erjona proposed her to have a walk. "I have to tell you something..." While they were walking among hills, the young driver was looking around as she was looking for something or someone. When they arrived to a little lawn, Erjona told her friend to sit down in front of her. "So... I think it's the right place to tell you what I have to" Giulia was itching to listen her. "I like Lando so much. I like everything about him: his hair, his eyes, his mouth, his dark skin... but his sweetness and sensitivity too" Giulia had been understanding it since the evening before. Erjona sighed and came back to her speech: "But... but I don't know if we will be able to have a real love story, since we will race in different championship... And we are both drivers, too!" "It's not impossible" "You are a journalist and got married to a driver... when you met he was the GP3 championship leader, it was a category you followed... but here's different, we are both drivers!" "If you don't kiss or cuddle on the race tracks, what's wrong?" 
That evening on the phone she opened herself to her sister Iris, who was in a luxury restaurant in London with her boyfriend Nyck. "Everything is okay, lil' sister?" "Yes, it is, Giulia and Alex are like elder siblings for me, I feel so good with them!" "Well, but remember that we are your elder sisters" Erjona felt a bit guilty for having said this. Iris asked her: "Have you met your tutor driver?" "Yes, I met Lando, and I have to say that..." The girl stopped. She was about to say something important... she took courage and said: "...I have to say that I like him so much." "But as a person..? Or...?" "In that sense, yes... but, why am I keeping going around what I want to say? I have a... crush on Lando!"

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento